SYS is committed to providing a serene and tranquil sanctuary for yoga, meditation, wellness, and a lifestyle of wellbeing. We ask all of our members, guests, students, teachers, and staff to participate in our Etiquette Standards. These Standards are critical for maintaining a peaceful atmosphere conducive to the practice of yoga, meditation, and wellness services. In service to our members, guests, and students, SYS management and Directors will ensure that our Etiquette Standards are upheld at all times.
CELL PHONE POLICY
The Scarsdale Yoga Studios is a sanctuary for reflection, inward focus and personal practice. It is a place to let go of our external “to do” lists. Allowing yourself time and space, away from your outside responsibilities, is an essential aspect of Yoga and Meditation. Cell phones will be safely stored in the coat room while attending classes at Scarsdale Yoga Studios. If you need to be contacted for an emergency, while attending class, please have the calls directed to the studio
number. The front desk staff will immediately inform you of your call.
- Speak quietly and softly at all times throughout the facility.
- Leave cell phones in lockers. Do not bring cell phones into class.
- Leave shoes in the coat room. Do not wear shoes past the coat room.
- We are a community of yogis. Practice kindness and compassion to each other.
- Respect the property. This is a sacred space. Practice stewardship of the space and everything in it.
- Upon entering the studios, speak only when necessary, keep conversation to an absolute minimum and do not chat. Use the time before class starts to prepare for practice.
- Keep food items and hot beverages in the café. Do not bring food, hot beverages, or cups without a lid beyond the café.
- Dress appropriately for the environment that you are in. The café requires shoes and shirts. Wear yoga or athletic apparel in class.
- Cancel your class reservation at least 12 hours prior to the class start time in order to avoid late cancellation.
- Book your private lessons or wellness services with the Reception Desk.
- Cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance to avoid late cancellation charges.
- Cease conversation upon entering the studio. Speak quietly to your instructor before or after class if needed.
- Do not chat or converse during class as it is disruptive to your fellow yogis.
- SYS has mindfully created our space to be a temple for yoga and wellness, and parts of this sanctuary are artifacts and authentic artwork from the Indian, Tibetan, and Hindu culture. These pieces are more than simply decorations, they have cultural significance and are to be respected as sacred.
Thank you for your appreciation of the SYS Etiquette Standards and for participating in our efforts to maintain a peaceful sanctuary.